The Balmoral Burn now in its 20th year is one of Australia’s premier community fun runs.
It offers organisations the opportunity to build culture and team morale all while doing good for others.
The 2022 corporate sponsorship package offers are open, and now is the time to get on board and commit to being a part of this great community event, by rallying your employees and letting them know that your organisation is dedicated to helping children in hospital, no matter where they live.
To celebrate 20 years of the ‘Burn’, join us as a Race Category Naming Rights Sponsor, your company will have the opportunity to align your brand with this iconic Sydney event all for kids in hospital.
All participants will receive a commemorative 20th anniversary medal on event day, so find the work life balance for you and your employees and join us and be part of something pretty special.
Phil Kearns AM
View the sponsorship opportunities here.
What are the Corporate Relay Races and how do they work?
The Corporate Relay Race Categories are:
- Corporate Burn 4 x 420m (for serious runners; company employees and/or non-company employees)
- Humpty's Dash 4 x 105m (company employees only)
Rally your industry colleagues and create your own industry race. Current races include:
- Build & Construction Industry Relay 4 x 105m
- Professional Services Industry Relay 4 x 105m
- Banking & Finance Industry Relay 4 x 105m
- Motor Industry Industry Relay 4 x 105m
The Corporate Team Race has four runners per team and is run in the below format:
- All four runners in the team should make their way to the holding bays located at the start line. Here you will get in your running order, i.e. Runner 1, Runner 2, Runner 3, then Runner 4. Each team member starts at the start line located at the bottom of Awaba Street.
- At the starters gun, Runner 1 starts running up the hill to cross the finish line (the full 420 metres).
- Team members at the bottom of the hill on the start line, must listen out for their bib number to be called out over the PA system. When you hear your number called for example: "108 GO", that is the cue for the next runner to start. Have your listening ears turned on!
- Each team member must run/walk up the hill (420m) and cross the finish line in order for the Team to register a 'Team Time', this is the combined times of all four runners.
Humpty's Dash (including industry specific races Build & Construction Industry, Professional Services Industry, Motor Industry and Banking & Finance) is a true relay event where each runner only covers a 105m leg of the 420m racecourse before passing the baton to the next runner. It is still a four-person team relay and each runner must be an employee of the sponsoring company. Corporate teams participating in Humpty's Dash (including industry specific races) MUST assemble at the start line at 11.30am for start line marshalling.
View all race times here.
2022 Balmoral Burn Dates:
Sponsors’ Dinner – Friday 27 May
Race Day – Sunday 29 May
To find out more please call Humpty on 02 9419 2410 or email firstname.lastname@example.org